CBus Wiring System Network Specifications
When installing a CBus wiring System, the following points need to be kept in mind to ensure reliable operation. Note that these specifications are subject to change and need to be verified by a qualified CBus Installer.
- CBus Data Cable is a colour coded 4 pair Category 5 UTP cable. Using the right materials will ensure you can achieve high data rates; eliminate noise; improve corosstalk capability and achieve a known impedance.
- CBus Category 5 cable pairs, wired correctly will ensure efficient operation of the Network.
- Current load on these pairs may not exceed 2 Amps of CBus current
- Cables need to be terminated correctly.
- The length of Cbus cable may not exceed 1 km in any one Network.
- Cable topologies employed can be either Daisy Chain; Star or a Combination of both.
- A maximum of 100 units can be installed into a single Network.
- Voltage on any Network must be kept within 15VDC and 36VDC.
- Current supplied by Power Supplies should exceed demand by approximately 100 mA. Power supplies should supply over-voltage and short circuit protection. These should also be placed in such a way that power is evenly distributed over any network.
- There should always be adequate segregation of mains and network wiring.
- Where requirements exceed the capacity of one network, this capacity can be exceeded by installing Network Bridges. A CBus project can contain as many as 254 Networks.