What is CBus ?
The Clipsal CBus system is a microprocessor based wiring system which can be used to control lighting and a plethora of electrical services. Essentially this is a network of electrical devices consisting of (among others) ON/OFF switches ; analogue Controls Dimmers ; motion sensors which can control virtually any type of electrical load.
Essentially this is suited to a wide variety of applications including:-
- Commercial Lighting Control
- Standalone Room Lighting Control
- Residential Automation
Why Use CBus ?
The CBus System provides you with :-
- Effective Energy Management – Which is a critical aspect of all buildings in the Residential; Industrial and Commercial markets. this can reduce energy consumption in the following ways:-
- By using Occupancy Sensors.
- By employing Time Scheduling.
- By restricting lighting loads to levels below 100%.
- By use of Automatic Timers.
- By maintaining Light Levels.
- Through Automated Blind Control.
- By Controlling Ambient Temperature.
- Flexibility – CBus can provide users with ultimate flexibility offering the ability to:-
- Reprogram units as often as necessary.
- Change the function of switches and loads, without any rewiring required.
- Control a single load from multiple switches by programming.
- Control multiple load circuits from a single switch by programming
- Functionality – CBus fulfills a need for numerous functions which cannot be achieved with conventional wiring. Including:-
- Automate events triggered by logic, time or date schedules.
- Mood Settings for loads via predefined levels with fade times
- Control by Infrared or Wireless Re,ote.
- Integration with third party systems such as Security, Audio Visual, Irrigation etc.